The Department of Citywide Administrative Services, on behalf of the Taxi and Limousine Commission, is undertaking a major initiative, herein referred to as the Taxi of Tomorrow Project. New York City seeks upgrades to its existing taxi fleet and is proactively exploring vehicle possibilities that more appropriately reflect the needs of its diverse stakeholders – passengers, drivers, owners and NYC residents. As part of this Project, the TLC is seeking a highly qualified Original Equipment Manufacturer (“OEM”), or a team that includes an OEM, to provide an innovative vehicle developed or modified for use in a highly visible taxi market located within one of the paramount marketing centers of the world.
This Request For Proposal (RFP) seeks to bring a new taxi to the streets of New York City. Among the qualities envisioned for the Taxi of Tomorrow are:
• Highest safety standards
• Superior passenger experience
• Superior driver comfort and amenities
• Appropriate purchase price and on-going maintenance and repair costs
• Sustainability (minimized environmental impact throughout the vehicle’s
• Minimal physical footprint (with more useable interior room)
• Universal accessibility for all users with a goal of meeting ADA guidelines
• Iconic design that will identify the new taxi with New York City
Proposals are due by 2pm on March 26th 2010
To view the press release, please click on the link below. You can also view questions and answers regarding this RFP by clicking on the second link.
View Press Release
You can also pick-up the RFP at TLC’s Lower Manhattan office. We are located at 40 Rector Street, 5th Floor, 10006.
To download the response worksheets in Microsoft Excel, please click here.
The pre-proposal conference will take place at 100 Gold Street, 8th Floor, 10038. It starts at 10 am on January14th, 2010. If you cannot attend in person, you can access the conference via the web. We will provide a link on the day of the conference.
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to send us an email at RFPTOT@DCAS.NYC.GOV